- This event has passed.
COVID-19: Disparities, Dialogue & Dissemination (Session 5)
February 23, 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm PST
COVID-19: Disparities, Dialogue & Dissemination
A Communication Training Series
- Do you want to learn how to communicate effectively during a public health crisis?
- Do you wish you knew how to share COVID-19 vaccine information with friends and family members who are worried about getting the vaccine?
- Do you want to learn how to combat the misinformation out there about COVID-19?
- Do you want to gain practical skills on how to translate scientific information about COVID-19 into layman’s terms?
- Are you looking for resources to cope with pandemic related stress?
Join Black Advocates for Equity and Health (BAEH), Cal Student Assistance for Public Health (CalSTAPH), Student Collaborative for Impact Leadership (SCIL), and the Center for Public Health Practice & Leadership (CPHPL) as we co-host a communication training series in the Spring semester that will examine COVID-19 health disparities and how to translate COVID-19 research and information to the general public. We’ll discuss misinformation regarding COVID-19 vaccines, and learn how to get critical COVID-19 information out via op-eds and social media. Featured speakers include Dr. Linda Neuhauser, Dr. John Swartzberg, and Dr. David Tuller. Register to the series here and the zoom link will be sent prior to the sessions.
About the session:
- Session 5 on 2/23/21 from 3-4pm PST :: How to Write a Public Health Op-Ed with David Tuller, DrPH
For questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you there!