- This event has passed.
UC Wildfire Virtual Symposium 3
September 22, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm PDT
Wildfires and their aftermath impact all Californians and cost the state hundreds of millions of dollars every year. The 2021 UC Wildfire Symposium Series focuses on California’s resiliency to wildfire, extreme drought, and climate change.
Panels will include Q &A
- Welcome Remarks – Cecilia Estolano, Chair UC Board of Regents – The Honorable Zoe Lofgren, CA-19 U.S. House of Representatives – Theresa A. Maldonado, VP Research and Innovation, UC
- Keynote Session – Policy and Politics of Wildfire – Assemblyman Richard Bloom, State of CA Assembly – Ken Alex, Moderator, Director, Project Climate, Center for Law, Energy, & the Environment, UC Berkeley
- Panel 1: The Economics and Risk of Wildfire – Ricardo Lara, Commissioner of Insurance – Rod Linn, Moderator, Team Leader, Atmospheric Modeling & Weapons Phenomenology, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Panel 2: Culture, Science and Policy: Alternative Perspectives on Wildfire Management – Frank Kanawha Lake, US Forest Service/ US Department of Agriculture – Anne Foster, Moderator, Chief Clinical Strategic Officer, UC Health
- Panel 3: Disproportionate Impacts of Wildfire – Karen Ross, Secretary of the CA Dept. of Food & Agriculture – Marjorie Zatz, Moderator, interim Vice Chancellor for Research & Economic Development, UC Merced
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with a personalized link to the webinar.
View previous symposia on YouTube: