SAC Staff Development
Hosted by the SAC Staff Development Sub-Committee:
tips and tricks to increase efficiency, with the goal of reducing stress
These “brown bag” events also offer time for networking and socializing with our SPH peers. All of the “lunch and learn” events begin at 11:30am with staff networking (“Light snacks” will return after the pandemic but for now, please bring your own!). The presentation/discussions follow at 12pm.
Jan. 20th, 2021: Library Resources for Staff
Join public health librarian Michael Sholinbeck, as he unravels the mysteries of Berkeley library resources available for staff consumption: books, films, journals, newspapers, and other gems to be revealed!
Dec. 16th, 2020: No Session (Happy Holidays!)
Given the proximity to the curtailment period and hectic nature of year end activities, we traditionally skip the third Wednesday in December.
Nov. 18th, 2020: Roundtable: Time Management and Self Care During a Pandemic
Based on our recent survey, two of the biggest concerns staff have right now surround time management and self care while working during a pandemic from our homes. Going on the better part of a year, we’ve all developed patterns and strategies to persevere, so this roundtable discussion is a chance to hear what works for others, share what works for us, and continue supporting one another. We hope you’ll join us to make it a true peer-to-peer workshop.
Join Session: https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/5104801892
View our Prior Sessions:
- Meeting Facilitation Workshop Series: Spring 2020 – Session Descriptions
- Session 1: Meeting Facilitation
- Session 2: Community Agreements, Defining Inclusion and Anti-oppression, What Makes a Good Meeting
- Session 3: During Meeting: Work-space, Timing, Logistics, The Impacts of Personalities on the Facilitator, Inspiring Participation
- Session 4: Sustainable agreements and Reaching Closure
- Best Practices for Social Media
- An Introduction to the new SPH website
- Tips and Tricks for Berkeley Branding
- Purchasing and Reimbursement
- The Art of Intention: Demystifying “No.”
- Best Practices for G-Suite/Google Apps
- Intro to HR
- Health, (Work)place, and Social Networks
- Maximizing Google Drive features and Google Add-Ons
- Excel: Everything you’ve wanted to know but were afraid to ask