Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health Program
Cassondra Marshall is an Assistant Professor in Residence in the Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health Program. She is interested in health system strategies to promote women’s health over the life course, with a particular focus on women of reproductive age.
Dr. Marshall is an Assistant Professor in Residence in the Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health program at UC Berkeley School of Public Health. Prior to joining the faculty at UC Berkeley, Dr. Marshall was a Postdoctoral Fellow at Kaiser Permanente Northern California Division of Research and received training in delivery science research. Dr. Marshall also previously worked as a research fellow in the Division of Reproductive Health at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. She has expertise in patient-centered contraceptive care and has conducted studies on women’s contraceptive attribute preferences and method choice, contraceptive decision support tools, and cost sharing and contraceptive adherence. The goal of her research program is to promote reproductive and maternal health equity by developing and implementing patient-centered interventions and care delivery models that meet the needs of and improve the health of underserved women. Dr. Marshall’s current research focuses on health care delivery strategies to improve contraceptive and preconception care to women of reproductive age with diabetes and other chronic medical conditions.
- DrPH- UC Berkeley
- MPH – UCLA,
- BA – Stanford University
- Quality of family planning and reproductive health care
- Women’s health over the lifecourse
- Patient-centered care
- Inequities in patient experiences and outcomes
- Stakeholder-engaged research
- Mixed Methods research
- Marshall C, Nguyen A, Yang C, Gómez AM. (2023). Understanding Barriers and Facilitators to Payer Investment in Doula Care in California. Berkeley, CA: University of California, Berkeley.
- Marshall C, Nguyen A, Arteaga S, Armstead M, Berbick N, Britt S, Chen A, Cohen M, Darch A, Durdin K, Davies-Balch S, Hubbard E, Kudumu M, Mittal P, Palmer C, Peprah-Wilson S, Selassie A, Tang T, Thomas K, Yang C*, McLemore M, Gómez AM. (2022). Partnering with Community Doulas to Improve Maternal and Infant Health Equity in California. Berkeley, CA: University of California, Berkeley.
- Gómez AM, Arteaga S, Marshall C, Arcara J, Cuentos A, Armstead M, & Jackson A. (2020). SisterWeb, San Francisco Community Doula Network: Process Evaluation Report. Berkeley, CA: Sexual Health and Reproductive Equity Program, University of California, Berkeley.
- PH 210: Foundations of Maternal and Child Health Policy, Practice and Science
- PH 210K: Foundations of Maternal, Child, and Adolescent Health Leadership