Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health Program
Cassondra Marshall is an Assistant Professor in the Maternal, Child, and Adolescent Health Program. She is a health services researcher focused on interventions to advance reproductive and maternal health equity.
Cassondra Marshall is an Assistant Professor in the Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health program at UC Berkeley School of Public Health. Prior to joining the faculty at UC Berkeley, Dr. Marshall was a Postdoctoral Fellow at Kaiser Permanente Northern California Division of Research and received training in delivery science research. Dr. Marshall also previously worked as a research fellow in the Division of Reproductive Health at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. She received her DrPH from UC Berkeley, her MPH in Community Health Sciences from UCLA, and her BA in Human Biology from Stanford University. Using mixed methods and implementation science, the goal of her research program is to advance reproductive and maternal health equity by developing, implementing, and evaluating person-centered interventions and care delivery models that meet the needs of and improve the health of underserved populations. In one stream of current research, Dr. Marshall focuses on health care delivery strategies to improve family planning care delivery to women of reproductive age with diabetes and other chronic medical conditions. She also has an active portfolio focused on community doula care as an intervention to improve maternal and infant health equity.
- DrPH – UC Berkeley
- MPH – UCLA,
- BA – Stanford University
- Quality of family planning care
- Community-based doula care
- Person-centered care
- Inequities in patient experiences and outcomes
- Partnered and engaged research
- Mixed Methods Research
- Marshall C, Nguyen A, Yang C, Gómez AM. (2023). Understanding Barriers and Facilitators to Payer Investment in Doula Care in California. Berkeley, CA: University of California, Berkeley.
- Marshall C, Nguyen A, Arteaga S, Armstead M, Berbick N, Britt S, Chen A, Cohen M, Darch A, Durdin K, Davies-Balch S, Hubbard E, Kudumu M, Mittal P, Palmer C, Peprah-Wilson S, Selassie A, Tang T, Thomas K, Yang C*, McLemore M, Gómez AM. (2022). Partnering with Community Doulas to Improve Maternal and Infant Health Equity in California. Berkeley, CA: University of California, Berkeley.
- Gómez AM, Arteaga S, Marshall C, Arcara J, Cuentos A, Armstead M, & Jackson A. (2020). SisterWeb, San Francisco Community Doula Network: Process Evaluation Report. Berkeley, CA: Sexual Health and Reproductive Equity Program, University of California, Berkeley.
- PH 210: Foundations of Maternal and Child Health Policy, Practice and Science
- PH 210K: Foundations of Maternal, Child, and Adolescent Health Leadership