Joanna Mandell MD, MS
Joint Medical Program
- Core Faculty Joint Medical Program
- Faculty Advisor/Liaison The Suitcase Clinic
Board-certified in family medicine, Joanna is an active clinician, providing primary care at University Health Services (the Tang Center), as well as within the Alameda and Contra Costa County health care systems.
Joanna is a lecturer at the Joint Medical Program and an active clinician providing primary care at University Health Services (the Tang Center), as well as within the Alameda and Contra Costa County health care systems. In addition to her involvement with undergraduate medical education at the JMP, she precepts residents at the local Contra Costa Family Medicine Residency.
At the JMP, Joanna teaches in the problem-based learning curriculum. She is also the faculty adviser for the Suitcase Clinic, a student-run free clinic for low-income and unhoused individuals in Berkeley. Joanna is a graduate of the Joint Medical Program.
- MD – University of California, San Francisco
- MS – University of California, Berkeley
- BA – University of California, Berkeley
- Women’s Health
- Reproductive Health
- Medical Education
- HMS 200C: Contextually Integrated Case-Based Curriculum