Kent R. Olson MD
Recall Clinical Professor
UCB-UCSF Joint Medical Program
Kent Olson is a Recall Clinical Professor at UC Berkeley’s School of Public Health and at UC Davis and UCSF. He is on the core faculty of the Joint Medical Program.
Dr. Kent Olsen is a Recall Clinical Professor at the School of Public Health, at the University of California, Berkeley and at the University of California, San Francisco. His research interests includes: the diagnosis and management of acute poisoning, and cost-effectiveness of poison control centers. He is also very committed to preclinical medical education and is on the core faculty of the UC Berkeley-UCSF Joint Medical Program at UC Berkeley, where he serves as the content expert in pharmacology and a small-group tutor and unit steward for its Contextually-Integrated Case-Based Curriculum.
- MD – University of California, San Francisco (1978)
- BA – Chemistry, Boston University (1974)
- Diagnosis and management of acute poisoning
- Cost-effectiveness of poison control centers
- Case development in the JMP case-based curriculum
- General Emergency Medicine
- Medical Toxicology