Patricia B. Crawford DrPH, RD
Patricia B. Crawford is an Adjunct Professor and Senior Director of Research at the Nutrition Policy Institute.
Patricia B. Crawford is an Adjunct Professor at the UC Berkeley School of Public Health and the senior director of research at the Nutrition Policy Institute. In 1999, she co-directed and led the pioneering nutrition evaluation and policy center at Berkeley, the Center for Weight and Health. She led more than 100 studies that employed environmental, family and policy approaches to reduce the epidemic of childhood obesity in California and across the country. She authored the American Public Health Association’s resolution and action plan on childhood obesity, which in 2001-02 was voted a priority for the organization.
- BS – Nutritional Sciences, University of Washington
- MPH – Public Health Nutrition, UC Berkeley
- RD – UC Berkeley
- DrPH – Public Health Nutrition, UC Berkeley
- Nutrition policy
- Epidemiology of pediatric overweight, with a focus on disparities
- Dietary determinants of overweight
- Community nutrition programs and policies
- School nutrition interventions and policy
- Federal nutrition programs
- PH 206B: Food and Nutrition Policies and Programs