Assistant Adjunct Professor
Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology
- Senior Technical Officer Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics
Peter J. Dailey is an Assistant Adjunct Professor and a microbiologist who serves as a Senior Technical Officer for the Foundation for Innovative Diagnostics (FIND).
Dr. Peter J. Dailey is a microbiologist who serves as a Senior Technical Officer for the Foundation for Innovative Diagnostics (FIND). Dr. Dailey received his PhD in Microbiology and MPH at UC Berkeley and his bachelor’s degree in Bacteriology at UC Davis. He has 35 years of experience in infectious disease, primarily in the research and development of infectious disease molecular diagnostics. He has worked for the California Public Health Department (Viral & Rickettsial Disease Laboratory), hospital and medical center clinical laboratories, and in the molecular diagnostics biotechnology industry. Previously he was the senior vice president of Research & Development at Cepheid, a molecular diagnostics biotechnology company in Sunnyvale, California, and he has also held R&D leadership positions at Roche Molecular Systems and Chiron Diagnostics. He has led the research and development of over 20 diagnostic and blood-screening assays for infectious diseases including TB, MRSA, West Nile Virus, viral meningitis, HPV, HIV, SIV and HCV.
- PhD – Microbiology, UC Berkeley
- MPH – UC Berkeley
- BA – Bacteriology, UC Davis, 1977
- Development evaluation, and implementation of assays for
- Blood stream infections, antimicrobial resistance, yellow fever and typhoid
- Development, evaluation and enabling access of infectious disease diagnostics in low-resource settings
- One Health infectious disease diagnostics
- PH 266B Zoonotic Diseases