- Director The Global Health Group
Professor Sir Richard Feachem is Director of the Global Health Group at the UCSF Institute for Global Health Sciences and a Professor of Global Health at both UCSF and UC Berkeley.
Professor Sir Richard Feachem is Director of the Global Health Group at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Institute for Global Health Sciences and Professor of Global Health at both UCSF and the University of California, Berkeley. He is also a Visiting Professor at London University and an Honorary Professor at the University of Queensland. From 2002 to 2007, Sir Richard served as founding Executive Director of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and Under Secretary General of the United Nations. From 1995 until 1999, Dr. Feachem was Director for Health, Nutrition and Population at the World Bank. Previously (1989-1995), he was Dean of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
- DSc(Med) – University of London
- PhD – Environmental Health, University of New South Wales
- HonDEng – Engineering, University of Birmingham, 2007
- Fellow – Royal Academy of Engineering
- HonF – Faculty of Public Health Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians
- HonF – American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- KBE – Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, 2007
- Economic Development
- Development Financing
- Global Health
- Health Policy
- Health Systems
- Malaria Elimination