The Best of Berkeley Public Health 2022
We innovate solutions to public health’s greatest challenges through groundbreaking research.
We train the next generation of public health changemakers through world-class education.
We bend the arc of the moral universe toward health equity and social justice.
- UC Berkeley named No. 1 public university worldwide by US News and World Report
- No. 8 School of Public Health, US News and World Report
- No. 1 Public Health Online MPH, Higher Learning Today
- $47.6 million in research grants
- More than 600 papers published in Science, PLOS One, JAMA, and other prestigious journals
Student & Faculty Diversity
- 1,242 students, including 300+ online MPH students
- 26% of students are from diverse backgrounds
- 31% of faculty members are from diverse backgrounds
- Amani Allen, PhD, MPH, received the Chancellor’s Award for Advancing Institutional Excellence and Equity from UC Berkeley
- Jodi Halpern, MD, PhD, named Guggenheim Fellow
- Rachel Morello-Frosch, PhD, MPH, elected to the National Academy of Medicine
- Osagie Obasogie, JD, PhD, named Guggenheim Fellow
- Ziad Obermeyer, MD, named In Vivo 2022 Rising Leader
- Jingshen Wang, PhD, awarded National Science Foundation Career Award
- Raised over $25 million in 2022
- Received support from more than 2,400 donors for research, fellowships, faculty, and social impact