Environmental Health Sciences
Ajay Pillarisetti is an Assistant Professor of Environmental Health Sciences whose research focuses on the impacts of energy use — typically at the household level — on air pollution exposure, health, and climate change.
Ajay Pillarisetti is an Assistant Professor of Environmental Health Sciences at UC Berkeley’s School of Public Health. He received a PhD in Environmental Health Sciences from UC Berkeley and an MPH in Global Environmental Health and BS in Biology from Emory University. Dr. Pillarisetti researches the impacts of household energy use and related behaviors in low- and middle-income countries on air pollution exposure, human health, and climate change. He has extensive global environmental health research, practice, and capacity building experience in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- PhD, Environmental Health Sciences, UC Berkeley
- MPH, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
- BS in Biology, Emory College
- Air Pollution
- Burden of Disease Estimation
- Energy, Health, and Climate Change
- Exposure Assessment
- Global Environmental Health
- Implementation Science
- Low(er) Cost Environmental Sensors