Environmental Health Sciences
- Assistant Professor Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Joshua Apte is Assistant Professor of Environmental Health Sciences and Environmental Engineering. His research investigates human exposure to air pollution, from the neighborhood scale to the global scale.
Joshua Apte is an assistant professor jointly appointed in the School of Public Health and the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. He holds an ScB in Environmental Science from Brown University (2004) and MS and PhD degrees in Energy and Resources from UC Berkeley (2008, 2013). Prior to joining UC Berkeley, he was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin from 2015-2020.
Apte’s research focuses on air pollution.
- PhD, Energy and Resources, UC Berkeley, 2013
- MS, Energy and Resources, UC Berkeley, 2008
- ScB, Environmental Science, Brown University, 2004
- Air pollution
- Atmospheric aerosols
- Exposure assessment
- Risk assessment
- Environmental justice
- Environmental engineering
- Environmental sensors
- Climate change mitigation
- Environmental issues in developing countries
- PH 270A Exposure Assessment and Control (Fall 2020)