|Online Program Fees 2021–2022||$1341 per unit for all students||42 units are required for graduation (usually 3 units per course x 14 courses)||$56,322|
UC Berkeley campus fees each semester
|OOMPH is designed to be 7 semesters, assuming 5 fall or spring semesters and 2 summer semesters||$4,500|
|Books||About half of the OOMPH courses require books. Plan on about 7 books × $200 each||$1,500|
|Travel||1, 2 visits to UC Berkeley campus, total 15 days, travel + accommodations||The OOMPH program provides a fixed stipend toward travel to campus. The rest of the cost is covered by the student.||Variable|
|Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP)||SHIP Benefits|
SHIP Cost 2021
|Student health insurance is mandated by the university. OOMPH students are automatically enrolled in SHIP and may opt out of if they have health insurance that meets the university mandate.||Variable|
Additional Program Costs
You are responsible for additional costs including books, visas and travel expenses related to the program’s required on-campus visits. You are also required to own or have access to a personal computer. You may request a loan from the UC Berkeley Financial Aid Office to cover the computer cost.
Federal or private student loans are available. Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and including UC Berkeley’s federal school code: 001312.
Financial Aid Guidelines
- We suggest that you complete the FAFSA even if you are not sure you will need or want any aid from the UC Berkeley Financial Aid Office. You can decide later whether to accept aid for which you are eligible.
- Please note: Graduate students are considered independent; parent information should not be included on your FAFSA.
- Please be sure to submit your FAFSA by the priority deadline to ensure timely processing and the best financial aid package, including work-study awards, Perkins grants and Parent grants.
- Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents may apply for funds administered by the UC Berkeley Financial Aid Office.
Financial Aid Notifications
In late April or May, the UC Berkeley Financial Aid Office will notify you about your award including information on disbursement of awards, how to make changes or appeals, and other options. You may also be asked to submit additional documents.
Questions? Consult the Graduate Award Guide on the UC Berkeley Financial Aid website.
When it comes to financing your degree, one option is to ask your employer for assistance. While your employer may be willing to support you, many companies don’t have a formal policy for reimbursement, or if they do, it may be vague or not well communicated.
However, many students can and do receive financial assistance from employers.
Requesting Sponsorship Guidelines
Look for any existing information on reimbursement at your company—but don’t give up if you don’t find a formal policy. Your company may offer financial compensation for professional development or training, and that may include Berkeley Public Health’s Online Program.
You’ll likely need to approach and work with the person who makes these kind of financial decisions at your organization. If he or she doesn’t know you well, you’ll also want an advocate who can support your sponsorship request.
Find out if anyone else in your organization has received compensation for an advanced degree or if other companies in your field help employees with educational goals. Other employees with an MPH degree—particularly those who have been through your particular program—may also be able to help or write a formal letter of support.
This is not the time to be modest. Present proof of your contributions and accomplishments over time to make clear your positive impact on the organization.
With all you’ve accomplished before earning your business degree, think about what you could do during and after your studies. Provide your employer with a curriculum outline that illustrate the skills you’ll gain in everything from leadership and strategy, to finance and marketing.
Our program ensures each executive class includes students from a variety of industries and job functions. This yields a multitude of insights on strategy and innovation you might not be exposed to within your own industry.
Try to present your request as a negotiation that is aimed at meeting both your needs and your employer’s needs. For example, some employers agree to offer financial assistance in return for an employment contract specifying a length of time you will remain at the company.
The UC Berkeley Online MPH Program is offering 10 Global Health Fellowships to international students
in 2021 to students who are citizens of World Bank designated LMICs.
Fellows will be selected via a competitive evaluation process. The fellowship includes mentorship, participation in international research projects. campus visits, summer training fellowships on world public health challenges’ and post-training support for independent researchers.
Dean’s Health Equity and Leadership award for Online MPH Students
On behalf of the School of Public Health and the Graduate Division, we are pleased to offer the Dean’s Health Equity and Leadership Award. This fellowship is in recognition of students’ achievements and contributions to public service as well as their future endeavors in the field of public health. Sponsored by the School of Public Health, recipients will be awarded in the amount equivalent to the cost of one(1) unit per semester. Awardees are eligible to receive this award for a maximum of seven(7) semesters.
- You have completed the ‘Economic Background’ in your online MPH application
- You have completed your Online MPH application by the time of the [Online MPH] application deadline
- You have completed the Dean’s Health Equity and Leadership Award in your online MPH application. This can be located in the Public Health-Online Program section under ‘Department Fellowship’.
2020 PublicHealthOnline.org $1000 Public Health Trailblazer Scholarship
You will need to submit just four things to meet the scholarship application requirements:
- Complete application form with verifiably true and accurate information
- 100% original essay that addresses the topic described below (2,500 words or less)
- Proof of enrollment or acceptance to a qualifying MPH program (letter of acceptance or another verifiable document with university letterhead)
- Proof of meeting minimum GPA requirements (transcript summary or another verifiable document with university letterhead)
The application form, required documentation, and essay must all be submitted at the same time. Any false or inaccurate information on the application form or plagiarized content on the essay would be grounds for immediate disqualification.
For more information and eligibility requirements, please see https://www.