Deborah Barnett PhD, MS
Chief of Curriculum and Instruction
- Director Online/On-campus Professional MPH Program
Deborah K. Barnett is the Director of the On-campus/Online Professional MPH Program.
Deborah Barnett is the Director of the On-campus/Online Professional MPH Program. She earned her doctorate in 1995 in developmental biology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a focus in gamete and embryo biology and prenatal programming of metabolic and reproductive disorders. Deborah began developing and delivering undergraduate online lab science curriculum at the University of Alaska Southeast in 2005 and has extensive experience in the administration of online learning to rural communities and with the needs of remote learners. Deborah’s interests include institutional support models for online teaching, online STEM lab science curriculum and the effects of class size and instructional methodology on student connectedness, satisfaction and learning in online environments.
- PhD – Developmental Biology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1995
- MS – Endocrinology-Reproductive Physiology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- BS – Biochemistry, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Fetal growth and development
- Prenatal programming of metabolic and reproductive disorders
- Neuroendocrine regulation of reproductive behavior and fertility