Student Collaborative for Impact Leadership (SCIL)
The Student Collaborative for Impact Leadership (SCIL, pronounced “skill”) is a professional, student-run organization whose vision is to empower students to become leaders in the public health field.
SCIL is comprised of students from every concentration at Berkeley Public Health and is governed by a student board who gain valuable experience learning how to build and manage a decision-making body. SCIL aims to provide students with leadership development opportunities that will:
- Give them a platform to take initiative and execute new ideas;
- Strengthen key skills, such as networking, communication, collaboration, and project management;
- Help them build connections with Berkeley Public Health students, organizations, faculty, staff, and alumni through professional development and social events
SCIL members from all disciplines will become leaders and embrace the challenges facing the field of public health today. We recognize that all students bring valuable leadership skills and unique experiences to Berkeley Public Health. We will provide members with fun and collaborative opportunities to enhance their real-world skills. The SCIL will leverage local, statewide, and global alumni to build a community of public health leaders.
Are you interested in joining a completely student-led professional development group at the Berkeley Public Health? Are you looking for ways to improve your leadership skills?
Are you looking to build and strengthen your professional network? Are you looking to meet new people across all concentrations?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should join the Student Collaborative for Impact Leadership (SCIL).
There are two main ways you can participate in the SCIL this year:
- SCIL Board Member – SCIL is governed by a Student Board of 12 students who gain valuable experience learning how to build and manage a decision-making body. Board members serve for two years and dedicate 10 to 12 hours per month SCIL board meetings and activities. You can learn more about the board below. Applications for the Board are available in the Fall.
- SCIL Member – SCIL members are active in at least one SCIL committee throughout the school year and dedicate four to eight hours per month participating in committee meetings and executing projects. Become a SCIL member here.