SPHUG Resources Sheet
The primary tool used by public health majors, minors, advisors, and peer advisors.
How to […] Public Health
The following three PDF Resources were created by the PH Biology Scholars Program Peer Advisor Cindy Tenorio with the guidance of Kelechi Uwaezuoke and Jeffrey Oxendine.
- How to Apply to the Public Health Major
- How to Find a Job in Public Health
- How to Get and Internship in Public Health
Check out these pages from UC Berkeley’s Graduate Division:
Join the Prospective Public Health Major and Global Public Health Summer Minor or Certificate listserv here:
Undergraduate Sample Plans
We are excited that you are interested in our sample plans! Sample plans are created by our UCB ASUC student Pre-health Senators and student Public Health Peer Advisors.
Please note that these are examples of what schedules could look like. They are meant to be a guide for planning purposes. Your academic schedule choices are just that, your own. We want to ensure you have the tools to make these planning decisions as simple as possible.
If you need help or would like to talk to someone about your four year plan, please reach out to either the public health academic advisors or peer advisors!
- PH Pre Dental Academic Plan – Freshman
- PH Pre Dental Academic Plan – Junior Transfer
- PH Pre Med Academic Plan – Freshman
- PH Pre Med Academic Plan – Junior Transfer
- PH Pre Optometry Academic Plan – Freshman
- PH Pre Optometry Academic Plan – Junior Transfer
- PH Pre PA Academic Plan – Freshman
- PH Pre PA Academic Plan – Junior Transfer
- PH Pre Pharmacy Academic Plan – Freshman
- PH Pre Pharmacy Academic Plan – Junior Transfer
- PH Pre Veterinary Academic Plan – Freshman
- PH Pre Veterinary Academic Plan – Junior Transfer
- PreDental 4year plan and Requirements
- PreMed 4 year plan and Requirements
- PreOpt 4year plan and Requirements
- Pre-PA 4year plan and Requirements
- PrePharm 4year plan and Requirements
- PreVet 4year plan and Requirements
Note Pre-PA students:
It’s always best to double check with a school in which you are interested whether or not a
course will fulfill the pre-reqs. PA programs all differ and requirements are program
For PA programs, students need to take Chem 1B in addition to Chem 1A.
MCB 102 and IB 132 may not be accepted by some PA programs.
MCAH LEAP Training Program
The UCB Maternal, Child, and Adolescent Health (MCAH) Leadership, Education, and Advancement in Undergraduate Pathways (LEAP) Training Program is designed to prepare diverse future leaders who are family-centered, culturally responsive, and successful in navigating interprofessional systems of care in the service of MCAH populations to reduce health inequities. The program seeks to provide academic and professional support for undergraduate students who identify with underrepresented groups, including but not limited to first-generation college students, historically marginalized sexual and/or gender orientation groups, formerly incarcerated, experiencing houselessness/unstable housing, and/or racial and ethnic groups underrepresented in the field.
UC Berkeley is one out of six universities that currently has a LEAP federal training grant funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB). During the academic year, LEAP program activities include outreach and engagement events, MCAH panels/film screenings, and MCAH academic advising open to all undergraduate students. Public Health undergraduate students interested in MCAH are eligible to join our Advanced LEAP Scholar two-year training curriculum.