HR processes: academic hiring
Effective July 1, 2014, the lecturer minimum salary rate is $49,012 (step 3). The continuing lecturer minimum salary rate is $55,453 (step 8). Credit is given for prior college-level teaching experience (two steps for every three years). GSI or Summer Sessions teaching doesn’t qualify. See Unit 18 (Lecturer – table 17A and table 17B) salary scales.
To create a new position or refill an existing position, follow this academic step-by-step process guide.
HR processes: staff hiring
- Supervisor’s Guide to Staff Onboarding
- Summary of BPH human resources & academic personnel processes
- Berkeley Regional Services (formerly CSS) forms
- Contact list for Human Resources & Academic Personnel team
- CalTime timekeeping system
The UCPath Online portal gives you access to many employee self-service features and, if applicable, manager self-service features.
- Employee self-service includes: update name, address, phone number, emergency contacts; review leave balances; add, delete, update direct deposit; review online pay statements; update federal/California tax withholding; enroll in benefits; enter life event(s)
- Manager/supervisor self-service includes: direct reports’ employee information; absence balances; compensation rates
You will continue to use the At Your Service Online portal to: view and update beneficiary information; view and print past W-2s; view past benefits information; view or change retirement savings account information
HR processes: student hiring
For any questions or to request a one-on-one training session, please contact the BPH Student Hiring Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These process maps were designed on a platform called Promapp, a cloud based tool that is part of UC Berkeley’s process improvement toolset. Please use the “Feedback” feature in the upper right hand corner of the maps to help keep these processes up-to-date and accurate.
- BPH Student Hire Information Smartsheet Form
To be filled out by student candidates
- BPH Student Hire Information Smartsheet responses
To be reviewed by hiring coordinators
- School of Public Health – Grad Hiring AY21-22 Smartsheet
BRS owned smartsheet where hiring coordinators enter hire requests for GSR and ASE positions
- School of Public Health – Student Hiring FY21-22 Smartsheet
BRS owned smartsheet where hiring coordinators enter hire requests for Student Assistant positions
- Graduate Student Academic Appointments Handbook
- GSR Pay Rate
- ASE Pay Rate
- Student Assistant Payrate: Search for Title Codes 4921 (STDT2), 4920 (STDT3) and 4919 (STDT4)
- Fee remission eligibility
- Fee schedule (Graduate: Professional – School of Public Health)
- Request for Exception for Head Graduate Advisor Approval
- Request for Exception for Graduate Division Dean’s Approval
- ASE (GSI, Reader, Tutor) Offer Letter Template
Process for student financial aid awards
If your division, unit, or center would like to award a tuition/fees payment (excluding fee remission) or stipend to a student, please complete the new BPH Financial Aid Smartsheet. Before submitting a request, please be sure it has been approved by the fund manager.