HR processes: academic hiring
To create a new position or refill an existing position, follow this academic step-by-step process guide.
View this Job Aid for comprehensive information on the guidelines and process for hiring postdoctoral scholars.
HR processes: staff hiring & management
Achieve Together is UC Berkeley’s performance development program for non-represented staff, which is driven by a series of regular check-in conversations and results-driven goals.
- BPH Supervisor Quick Guide for Achieve Together Check-In Conversations
- People & Culture’s Achieve Together website, with information on check-ins, goal-setting, coaching, achievement criteria, training resources, and more
- Online Dashboard
- BPH Achieve Together Workshop for Staff, August 2022:
The UCPath Online portal gives you access to many employee self-service features and, if applicable, manager self-service features.
- Employee self-service includes: update name, address, phone number, emergency contacts; review leave balances; add, delete, update direct deposit; review online pay statements; update federal/California tax withholding; enroll in benefits; enter life event(s)
- Manager/supervisor self-service includes: direct reports’ employee information; absence balances; compensation rates
You will continue to use the At Your Service Online portal to: view and update beneficiary information; view and print past W-2s; view past benefits information; view or change retirement savings account information
HR processes: student hiring
For any questions or to request a one-on-one training session, please contact the BPH Student Hiring Team at email@example.com.
These process maps were designed on a platform called Promapp, a cloud based tool that is part of UC Berkeley’s process improvement toolset. Please use the “Feedback” feature in the upper right hand corner of the maps to help keep these processes up-to-date and accurate.
- BPH Student Hire Information Smartsheet Form
To be filled out by student candidates
- BPH Student Hire Information Smartsheet responses
To be reviewed by hiring coordinators
- BPH Student Hire Information Smartsheet responses archive
Archival of the past responses
- School of Public Health – Grad Hiring AY23–24 Smartsheet
BRS owned smartsheet where hiring coordinators enter hire requests for GSR and ASE positions
- School of Public Health – Student Hiring AY23–24 Smartsheet
BRS owned smartsheet where hiring coordinators enter hire requests for Student Assistant positions
- Graduate Student Academic Appointments Handbook
- GSR Pay Rate
- ASE Pay Rate
- Student Assistant Payrate: Search for Title Codes 4921 (STDT2), 4920 (STDT3) and 4919 (STDT4)
- Fee remission eligibility
- Fee schedule (Graduate: Professional – School of Public Health)
- Request for Exception for Head Graduate Advisor Approval
- Request for Exception for Graduate Division Dean’s Approval
- ASE (TA, Reader, Tutor) Offer Letter Template
Process for student financial aid awards
If your division, unit, or center would like to award a tuition/fees payment (excluding fee remission) or stipend to a student, please complete the new BPH Financial Aid Smartsheet. Before submitting a request, please be sure it has been approved by the fund manager.